Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Gratitude & Crap, Day 2

In my continuing effort to "embrace gratitude" in my life, I am doing a series of posts, conveniently during the week of Thanksgiving, to express things for which I am grateful.

I am grateful that I can almost walk normally today.

I am grateful that the story of my dumbassery and klutz has provided much amusement for friends and family.

I am grateful for the workout my legs are apparently getting from the days of limping. Apparently? Limping is great for the calves and hamstrings. And the combination of sore, stiff muscles with sprained ankle? Makes me a very graceful creature indeed.

I am grateful that an argument discussion with Hub last night seemed to reveal that we're on at least a similar page about something I haven't yet had a chance to talk with him about in-depth.

I am grateful that I have this blog and you, my 7 loyal readers, to keep myself sorta kinda sane.

I am grateful that when I throw out feelings like:
* I really want another baby
* I don't know if I'm ready for another baby
* We'd have to find infant care - it's expensive, but Boo will start kindergarten next year & his childcare expenses will be less.
* I don't have a vehicle that accommodates 3 car seats & still have 2 years left to pay on my existing vehicle
* Where would we put a baby? It seems unfair to make a 5 or 6-year-old share a room with a baby, but we don't have any more bedrooms.
* What can I expect with a 5-6 year age gap between kids? And that's if we started now. What if the age difference is more like 7 to 8 years?
* I have no siblings and Hub points out that I don't know what it's like to have a sibling. I worry that my inexperience with this could be an issue.
* A new baby will be different than either of our existing children. I'm afraid of the unknown & my ability to handle it.
* I occasionally get enough sleep. Am I insane??
* What will a new baby do to our existing routines?
* Will our existing kids revolt and throw us and/or the new baby out?
* I really want another baby

that I will likely get input from people with many perspectives and my comment box will overflow with things for me to think about *cough*HINT*cough*

I am also grateful that I am mostly organized for our trip tomorrow, which means I won't be up until 1am getting everything packed up & ready...right...?

No comments:

Post a Comment