Friday, November 19, 2010

Flipping Stuff Off

Ok, I haven't done Friday Flipoffs in a while. But I'm feeling crabby and cantankerous today. Plus? I've got shit to flip.

First? I'd like to flip off the dudes jackhammering outside our house last night. At 3 am. I have no idea why. A few weeks ago, some dudes dug a hole in the street in front of our house. Hub called to warn me of the hole. It was filled in by the time I got home. Last night, I got home to see trucks parked across the street. With those big lights on a generator things. They proceeded to dig a larger, more square hole in the same spot as the previous hole. The trucks did not indicate who these guys were or why they were digging a hole. It appeared to me as if 1 dude was actually digging the hole & the other 7 were standing around looking intently into the hole. But apparently? They all agreed that jackhammering was necessary at 3 am. Flip off.

Our phone/internet. Ok, I don't really care so much about the phone. I only have a landline so I have a crap number to give all the people that ask for my number. I'm so not giving my cell phone number out to Retailer A so they can call me & bug me and then sell my number to Sneaky Retailer B (or worse yet, Political Candidate B) so they can call me & bug me. However, we are rather attached to our internet. Particularly since Hub needs it to work (incessantly) from home. He picks up Princess from school 2 days a week & thus works from home. We NEED our internet to work. It went out Wednesday morning. They said it should be fixed by Monday night. There had better be an effing discount on our next bill...flip off.

Sick coworkers. Flip off. Seriously. Big fat huge flip off. Don't bring your contagion to work. You are clearly ill. Thanksgiving is next week. I do not have time to be sick because you are too inconsiderate to stay home. FLIP OFF.

Thanksgiving travel. We are doing the obligatory "we haven't seen this side of the family in a while" road trip to North Carolina next week. With 2 kids. 2 kids who like to argue. 1 punctuates everything with whining. Always. I am dreading this trip. This is one "vacation" that will leave me far more exhausted and grouchy than a full week of work. I don't want to go. At some point, I'd like our holidays to be about our immediate family and less about obligation to extended family. It's not that we don't love them, but no one visits us. And I hate having so much stress and grump associated with holidays. Flip off.

My kids. Boo? Seriously, stop antagonizing Princess. You will only make her whine more than she already is. It's not amusing. Please stop. Princess? Stop stealing. Stop lying to everyone about everything. You suck at it. Stop complaining about everything and for the love of all that is holy, stop the effing whining. The world does not revolve around you and you are not in charge of what direction people look, how they walk, what they think is funny, how loudly they breathe, or how they play, so stop screaming at them for it. You? are doing 98% of the screaming in our household...and the other 2% is often because of you. Life isn't supposed to be a big selfish, tortuous tragedy until you hit puberty. Shut up & be cute. Or at least shut up. I will accept that if it's the best you can do. Flip off.

Baby indecision. The Ute is getting all twingy and I'm starting to fiend hardcore for another baby. A baby with Hub. But I keep going back & forth trying to decide what I really want to do. Babies mean getting round, hot flashes, maybe stretch marks, maybe morning sickness, labor, delivery, lack of sleep, sore boobs, the need for a Sherpa to leave the house, the cost of infant daycare, the need for a vehicle that can fit 3 car seats (which probably means minivan ::shudder:: since you have to be 35 and 250 pounds before you can just sit in the seat with a seat belt), etc. I know about all of this. But I'm 32 and the ticking is getting loud & distracting me from all these logical concerns. Plus? I really want to have a baby with my husband. But having Princess living with us is about all I can tolerate. I'm not sure if I could handle a baby on top of all of her behavioral problems. But should she have that much control over our lives? Should she be able to keep us from having a child if we want one? Could we handle our current responsibilities and a baby? Indecision? Flip off.

Ok. I kinda feel better. But I need a nap. Perhaps I should flip off the fact that the U.S. still has not embraced the wonderful idea of siesta...

1 comment:

  1. With the new child seat regulations I would have been in a booster until I was in fucking 7th grade. Seriously.
    I do not travel for holidays. Period. My parents and sister are here and I ignore my husband's side of the family so it works out well.