Thursday, June 24, 2010

I want you back!

Mama's Losin' It


4.) Write a letter to whatever is stopping you from losing the extra weight you’d like to lose.

Dear Spare Time,

I have to tell you that I really miss you. It seems like we only see each other when I'm hanging out with Exhaustion. I mean, we used to be so close. We'd watch movies together, write poetry together, go to concerts... Remember, we'd exercise together! And especially those dance classes we used to take together.

I take my fair share of the blame for our current situation. I know that once Boo was born, I just didn't have time for you the way I used to. Really, it wasn't personal. I just needed time with my son.

I know that I've been spending a lot of time with School, and I know what you might be thinking, but really, the time School and I spend together, is nothing like the time you & I spent together.

I know that you've seen Hub and Princess around, too. But they're cool, and I think you'd enjoy hanging out with all of us. It does seem as if you don't like Boo & Princess, but they're my kids, so I do wish you'd try. Even if it's just for old time's sake.

Look, having Boo has left me with like 40 extra pounds that were never around when you & I hung out. I miss our time together & I miss how fit I used to feel when you were around.

Please, I miss you, Spare Time. Just try to get used to Boo & Princess. Maybe we could take walks together again. Or maybe take that dance class we used to like so much. I know I've neglected you the past few years, and really, I feel terrible about that. But it would mean so much to me if you'd come back.

With love,
Mrs. B.

13 comments:

  1. I love it...love it...love it!

    Brunch101

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, Spare Time is MIA here too - think we should send out a search party??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh.. Thanks for visiting my blog - I'm so glad you did so I could find yours! :) I love your letter!
    Definitely think we need a search party for Spare Time - and our scales should get together for a support group haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't even have words for how awesome this is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't stand Exhaustion...don't tell her that mkay?? I've been trying to avoid her as much as possible lately. Though Spare Time still isn't coming around...I don't know if I upset her when I started spending a bunch of time with Internet, but she's been gone for awhile now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting from mama kat's...and really like this blog!! Spare time, spare time, where-fore art thou? You are one busy mama!
    Your blog is so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spare Time has been cheating on me....with my husband! He always seems to have so much of her attention and I don't get any of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Saw Natalie's tweet and had to check it out. GREAT post! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome post, you nailed it (once again!!).

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree that a search party is in order. I'm hoping that maybe Prepregnancy Body is hanging out with Spare Time. Maybe we can find both of them at one time. They used to hang out a lot, back in the day.

    Thanks for the comment love, everyone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post! I haven't seen Spare Time around these parts for about 15 years now. Heck, if she shows up I'll invite you over and we can all hang out. lol
    Thanks for stopping by. Have a great week.

    Kristi, Live and Love...Out Loud
    @TweetingMama

    ReplyDelete